6.1.08

My Holy [Sugar Honey Ice Tea]!! Moment


Sigh, Mac OS X Leopard is beginning to remind me of my "old" windows XP days. I've just had to rebuild my entire iTunes library because of a kernel panic (to all you windows users out there, a kernel panic on a Mac is kinda like your good ol' Blue Screen of Death except that ours is a nice looking grey screen politely telling us to restart our computers :) ). Anyways, its not much of a big deal because rebuilding the library took like 10 seconds, but I lost all of my metadata. So all my play counts, custom playlists and ratings etc. are gone. Oh well, at least the songs are still there. To be fair, we're still in the early stages of Leopard and I have full confidence in Apple to start resolving major issues and though its not as solid as Tiger was, I'm sure we'll reach there real soon.

On a side note, it seems that the Kernel Panics that we are experiencing are due to a somewhat faulty Airport driver and seems to happen when the wifi network activity is high (i.e When downloading/uploading large files, or running p2p programs). So I'm hoping that 1. Apple acknowledges a bug with their airport drivers and 2. That they resolve it by giving us updated drivers in the near future. 10.5.2 anyone? : )

0 pseudo-code(s):

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP