31.12.08

My ChucK

Look at what I've discovered by accident. And its perfect for me too. Now I will be able to fuse both my love for programming/computers with my love for music. Its a new concept if you will. A new programming language called ChucK. Made by this guy called Ge Wang who, like me, was also fascinated and passionate about both Computer Science and Music.

According to the website at chuck.cs.princeton.edu, ChucK is a strongly-typed, strongly-timed, concurrent audio and multimedia programming language. It is compiled into virtual instructions, which is immediately run in the ChucK Virtual Machine.

It also features on-the-fly programming which means you can manipulate code and see the effects immediately without shutting down or restarting or recompiling. Very nice concept.

Here's a video demo of what might be. Its still under active development and many of the tools are in alpha or pre-alpha phase (Read: Not ready for human consumption... Yet...)


0 pseudo-code(s):

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP