12.9.07

[Oh] My Gawd!!!! [Update x2]


iPhone unlocked. Free! Go. Here. Now!


There has been a major breakthrough in this field. The main guys who were working on a free solution has done it! They have finally unlocked the iPhone.

The steps seem quite complicated but there is a tutorial on how to do it here and here's a MacRumors forum thread where someone compiled all the early tutorials that are floating around. You need certain files which I will download and host on my own file server just in case it disappears.

Anyways, this is great news for me. The one caveat is that when Apple updates the firmware, it could break it. But hey, just knowing it's there is enough motivation for me.

[Update]
I found another tutorial. This one with nice pictures and a step by step guide. Go here its called modmyiphone

[Update x2]
Wow, these guys are fast! Well modmyiphone has created another step by step tutorial. This time detailing the whole process from activation to unlocking. It's here.

2 pseudo-code(s):

joshuachay September 13, 2007 at 1:00 AM  

To be honest, this 'free' method very complicated (granted I just skimmed through and I don't have an iPhone to know what they're really taking about) and not idiot proof enough. The wait continues...

Marcus September 13, 2007 at 11:43 AM  

What do you expect, plus its just released. The great thing about "Apple Hacks" is that someone invariably does a nice GUI for it with a one button interface or something haha

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP