7.10.07

My, My, Good Things Are Happening Yet


I couldn't believe it myself buuuuut... Trillian is coming for Mac OSX. Why is it so big news you ask? Well considering that Trillian is currently windows only AND yet supports not only the basic IM features of Yahoo/MSN/AIM but also Video and Voice chat capabilities (the paid version of course) this is exciting news indeed. Now according to their official "blog", the current Alpha build has only some basic functionality but all the underlying code to support all the features are there. The only difference is coming up with a Cocoa UI (thats uhm the pretty interface you see and interact with for all you non-geeks out there ^^) and providing controls for those features. If this is true, this might be the only non-Apple app that I'm willing to pay for. If everything works as promised, of course.

2 pseudo-code(s):

joshuachay October 9, 2007 at 12:02 AM  

But honestly, even with video/voice chat on iChat, we hardly use it. I don't see it being any use with msn.

So you would prefer Trillion over Adium?

Marcus October 9, 2007 at 7:27 AM  

Yes I would. Just to know that I could chat with windoze users on MSN if the need ever arose. Dude, you're the one not online in iChat most of the time ~_~"

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP